Public emergency numbers:
- 112 main emergency number in European Union for ambulance, fire, police
- 118 ambulanza (ambulance in Italy)
- 115 vigili del fuoco (firemen in Italy)
- 113 polizia (police in Italy)
U.S. Citizen Services in Italy:
Consulate General Florence
Lungarno Vespucci 38
Tel. 055-266-951 (from within Italy)
011-39-055-266-951 (from the U.S.)
U.S Embassy Rome
via Sallustiana 49
Tel. 06-46741 (from within Italy)
011-39-06-46741 (from the U.S.)
In the event of theft:
- Go to the police station (Questura – ufficio denunce, via degli Agresti 3, open 24 hours) and file a report (denuncia). Bring a form of ID, such as passport.
- Cancel all credit cards.
- Notify the BCSP staff if your permesso di soggiorno and/or passport is stolen.
- If your cellphone is stolen, contact your service provider (Wind, Vodafone, Tim) to block any outgoing calls from your number.
More detailed emergency procedures are convered during orientation.