BCSP helps students find internships and volunteer opportunities (non-credit) in Bologna in order to enrich their study abroad experience beyond the classroom.
While interning at Degusta, a nationally distributed food and travel magazine, Joe Nistler (University of Wisconsin) was assigned an article on gelato. On his quest to experience what Bologna has to offer in terms of his favorite dairy treat, Joe explores the twists and turns of the medieval city center and discovers that the Asinelli and Garisenda towers, dating back to the 12th century, are a beacon for an excellent gelateria. Click on the magazine cover and follow Joe on his medieval gelato adventure and savor the city!
Internship roles include:
- tour guide and translator at local museums
- translator for Bologna’s cinema archive and
- proofreader for medical research laboratory
- law firm research assistant and translator
- English language TA for Italian elementary and middle schools
- library assistant for university art foundation
- aid for government international programs office
- volunteer at family-run vineyard
- volunteer at equine therapy center